Husqvarna chainsaws happen to be one of the most widely used chainsaw models. Although they are popular for their durability and high efficiency, every chainsaw user, especially a beginner, can once in a while face some problems applying their instrument. Therefore we would like to cover several chainsaw using questions, including how to start a Husqvarna chainsaw.
Another thing which is vital to know is how to choose a Husqvarna chainsaw. It’s important since if you make the wrong choice, it will seriously affect the convenience and the quality of performance of your chainsaw. Below we also would like to cover several features which you should take into account while buying a chainsaw for your needs.
- 1 What Problems You Can Face Applying Husqvarna Chainsaws
- 2 How To Start A Husqvarna Chainsaw
- 3 Useful Information: How to Start a Husqvarna Chainsaw
- 4 The Reasons For Husqvarna Chainsaws Not Starting
- 5 How To Choose Your Husqvarna Chainsaw
- 6 In Closing
What Problems You Can Face Applying Husqvarna Chainsaws
Below you will find several issues which you can bump into using such chainsaw models as Husqvarna 350, Husqvarna 440 and Husqvarna 450. We recommend to check these things before applying the chainsaw in cutting operations.
Dirty Air Filters
If your chainsaw air filter is unclean, it draws less air than gas, which reminds of the time when the choke is on. Moreover, there is more unburned fuel left, while the production of carbon deposits rises. Even more carbon is accumulated with the idle engine.
In order to avoid such difficulties it’s highly recommended for every chainsaw user to make the air filter clean after each procedure.
If you don’t use your chainsaw for some time, it’s better not to fill the fuel tank of your instrument, otherwise this fuel can clog the carburetor. This will happen since the light constituents of your fuel evaporate, while thick combinations are left in the tank. That may be the reason why your chainsaw engine doesn’t get any fuel.
If this has already happened, you need to make the carburetor clean carefully using some special cleaner for carburetors. If you notice some thick and sticky substances becoming attached to your tool, you need to clean them too. If you have done the cleaning but the issue is not solved, you should consider installing a brand new carburetor.
The Flood Of The Engine
When you start your chainsaw, one of the steps will be to press the fuel pump to start your tool easily. If you overdo it, it can lead to the flood of the engine, which will stop its working.
You can be sure that this has happened if you smell fuel from your instrument. You can see it by removing the spark plug and checking whether there is some moisture.
In order to solve this issue after opening the spark plug the chainsaw owner should drain the fuel from the chainsaw fuel tank. Then the owner deactivates the choke and then pulls the starter rope at the same time pushing the throttle. Then it’s needed to dry the spark plug and return it to its place.
The Fuel Tank Issues
It may seem rather stupid, but if you have some chainsaw troubles, you should check your fuel tank. The reasons connected with the fuel tank can include such cases as you have forgotten to refill the tank or the fuel which is already in the tank has low quality.
If you notice that your fuel isn’t good enough, you should empty the fuel tank and refill it with higher quality gas. You should make sure that your fuel is suitable for your chainsaw engine. You should be careful and take into account that combinations with ethane or methane are dangerous for the engine and can cause corrosion.
If you are not sure which fuel is good for your chainsaw, you can check this information in your chainsaw manual. Another opportunity is to go to a local chainsaw store and ask a consultant who can help you with the choice of the fuel for your instrument.
The Broken Spark Plug
This element is called a spark plug since the plug of the chainsaw needs to spark in order to start fuel combustion, This part of the sawing machine can become corroded after some time of regular use of your chainsaw.
In order to make sure that the spark plug is active you need to test it by connecting the plug wire with some metallic part and see sparks produced by this connection. If you don’t notice any sparks, you should clean off all the corrosion with a special steel brush. If it also doesn’t work, you need to replace the spark plug into a new one.
How To Start A Husqvarna Chainsaw
One of the main things which each chainsaw user should know by heart is the process of turning their chainsaw on.
Below you will find the list of steps which you need to follow in case you would like to avoid any chainsaw issues:
- First of all, you put your chainsaw on the ground or some other flat surface and take off the bar cover;
- Then you have to push the chain brake on the top handle forward to make it active as a safety measure. The chain brake happens to be one of the safety features and is used to stop the chain from moving around the bar;
- You should check whether your chainsaw engine is hot or cold. If it’s cold, you will need to apply its choke so that your chainsaw will get warmed enough. If the chainsaw engine is already hot, it will start without using the choke;
- You apply the Husqvarna smart start by pushing it in control;
- The next step is to push the fuel pump so that you can see the level of the fuel in the tank;
- Then you pull the starter rope with your right hand while holding the instrument in the left one. You should use your right foot to help you hold the chainsaw. You should pull the starter carefully and yet powerfully enough. In that moment you also push the throttle halfway and pull the rope until the chainsaw starts running. If the chainsaw is too cold, you just need to warm it up by letting the engine run for some time before performing cutting tasks.
We would like to mention that this step-by-step guide is relevant for any Husqvarna chainsaw, including Husqvarna 350 and Husqvarna 450 models.
Useful Information: How to Start a Husqvarna Chainsaw
In this video you will leart that starting and stopping the Husqvarna chainsaw is simple. We will show what steps you should follow to start and stop a Husqvarna chainsaw to ensure safe usage and a longer life for your chainsaw.
The Reasons For Husqvarna Chainsaws Not Starting
Some of the problems because of which your chainsaw can’t start have already been named earlier. In addition to this, it won’t be turned on if there is not enough oil for oiling the elements of your chainsaw.
Below we would like to cover several other reasons for chainsaw starting problems. They are the following:
- Cold temperatures – if your chainsaw was lying for some time on a cold floor and in some not so warm places. In this situation the engine gets too cold and there can be a delay in its start until it gets warm enough. To help this you should find the choke and push the choke out;
- You push the throttle for too long – usually you hit the throttle halfway during starting your chainsaw. When your chainsaw sputters, you should tap the throttle several times so that more fuel is injected. But if you do it too many times. the engine can halt;
- Starters can be stubborn – from time to time they happen to be a little bit more adamant than in other models. You don’t have to worry but just pull the starter rope harder and for a couple of times more. Sometimes for bigger models of chainsaws you need more power to pull the rope;
- Excess air-fuel level – when the chainsaw is too warm, it’s also hard to start. The chainsaw stops when the engine is too heated up because of a high air-fuel ratio.
We would also like to note that any of Husqvarna chainsaw models can face the issues mentioned above. And not only Husqvarna models – these problems are relevant for any chainsaw which is available on the market.
How To Choose Your Husqvarna Chainsaw
Of course, chainsaw users as well as other people know that Husqvarna brand is widely known in the sphere of instruments for a long period of time. Therefore, there is a huge choice of Husqvarna chainsaw models on markets of many countries in the world.
But the big variety of available models can cause a problem if a future or an active user of a chainsaw needs to pick a model which is suitable for use in your home cutting tasks. To make the choice easier we have decided to cover some of the features which can be useful.
The Level Of Chainsaw Using Skills
If you are a beginner in this question, it will be very challenging for you to use some heavy and big chainsaw for your first cutting operation since it needs some experience. Therefore, we would recommend a light-weight compact and easy in use model which will be highly effective in your process of learning how to use a chainsaw. For instance, you can choose Husqvarna 435 chainsaw.
If you already have enough experience and you need to do wood cutting tasks in high volumes, you will require a larger model with long chain bars and powerful motors so that you can perform your operations quickly and efficiently.
Purposes Of Use
Of course, if you need to cut huge trees and do other intense jobs, which is usually necessary for ranch owners or professional loggers, you are likely to choose a massive and powerful Husqvarna chainsaw model.
But if you just would like to chop firewood, prune hedges or cut small trees, you don’t need a heavy instrument, so you can buy some light-weight and convenient Husqvarna model, such as Husqvarna 440.
The Level Of Needed Maintenance
Any chainsaw needs regular maintenance as any other tool or instrument. Maintaining usually includes cleaning air and other filters, replacing chains, bars or any other elements and more. Regular maintenance provides high quality performance and durability for any chainsaw, including Husqvarna chainsaws.
If you are not ready to organise massive maintenance, you should seek a model with some low maintenance qualifications, such as Husqvarna 240.
Types Of Available Chainsaws
If you need to perform heavy cutting operations for a long time, you can choose a gas chainsaw. Their drawback is the level of noise they provide, so you should be careful if you have neighbours close to your house.
Electric chainsaws, however, produce less noise and less fuel emissions, but they are not so powerful and efficient.
You should always remember that electric chainsaws can also be with a cord or cordless. It will affect the variety of places where you can use your chainsaw, so you should also take this factor into account.
Husqvarna chainsaw models are highly popular among chainsaw users. The variety of available models is also rather big, which can make the choice of a suitable chainsaw difficult. We hope that our advice on how to choose a chainsaw will be useful. Even if you are not going to buy a Husqvarna model in the end, you will be able to find out which model of other brand will be useful in your home cutting operations.
Of course, for every Husqvarna chainsaw owner it’s vital to understand how to start a chainsaw so that you can use your instrument without any problems and for a longer period of time.
We would like to believe that, all in all, you will be able to implement all the information mentioned in this article to make your chainsaw operations easy, convenient and enjoyable.