Your garden is stunning and you’d love to show it off to your guests however, there’s no space to enjoy the views. In larger gardens, you can appreciate the view from their deck or patio. However, this is not the scenario when you’ve got smaller gardens. There’s a lack of an element that can allow you to relax and look at your work. There’s no focal point to your gorgeous landscape and there’s no space to gather or unwind.
Outdoor furniture is a great choice for this idea. Even in humid climates, the wooden garden bench with planters similar to western red cedar is resistant to decay and rot. The bench’s natural protection against the elements allows for elegant aging.
- Quick Comparison of 3 Best Wooden Garden Bench
- FURINNO FG16011 Tioman Hardwood Flower Box
- Tioman Hardwood Outdoor Lifestyle Flowerbox
- Sunnydaze Meranti Wood Outdoor Planter Box Bench
- Boldly Growing Raised Planter Bench
- LAZZO Wood Planter Box Bench
- Comfortable Place to Have a Great Time
- Convenient and Practical to Use
- Why Better to Choose a Wooden Bench With Planters?
- Gives an Additional Workspace
- Can Be a Great House Gift
- Woodworking Manual in Details About Planter Bench Designs
- How to Achieve the Best Results
- Cut List
- Detailed Shopping List
- Tools You Need
- Useful Video: Wooden Garden Bench With Planters
- Bench With Planters Plans
- Step-By-Step Planter Bench Plan
- Step 1. Construct the flooring of the two planters
- Step 2. Install the side slats on the planter using
- Step 3. Make the top trims
- Assembling the Planter Bench – Manual
- Step 1
- Step 2
- Step 3
- Additional Recommendations
- Final Word
Quick Comparison of 3 Best Wooden Garden Bench
FURINNO FG16011 Tioman Hardwood Flower Box
- Dark Red meranti wood treated with teak oil: more durable and water resistant
- Great for use in back yard, garden or patio. Natural color blends easily with your outdoor furniture and decor
- Fits in your space, fits on your budget. Easy assembly with instruction provided
- Removable bench for sitting. Planter boxes do not include bottom panels.
- Product Dimension: 68.5(W)x17.9(H)x15.8(D) Inches
Tioman Hardwood Outdoor Lifestyle Flowerbox
- Strong, sturdy and durable construct
- Made from dark red meranti wood treated with teak oil
- Natural hardwood color
- Waterproof and weatherproof; made to last long
- Product Dimensions: 68. 50 (W) x 18. 30 (H) x 15. 80 (D) Inches.
Sunnydaze Meranti Wood Outdoor Planter Box Bench
- Ideal for garden: Makes a great addition to front yard, backyard, and other places a unique seating choice is needed; 68.5" W x 15.5" D x 18.75" H; Weighs 34.6 lbs; Weight capacity: 330 lbs
- Looks great on patio: Outdoor bench and planter combination is made of Meranti wood with an attractive teak oil finish; Planter boxes make a wonderful alternative to traditional flower pots; The natural beauty of the wood complements the greenery in the planter boxes; Bottomless design of planter boxes makes them ideal for each concealing a planter with plants, making it easier to maintain outdoor planters while still having a sleek look
- Easy to assemble: Everything needed to put together the bench and two planter boxes is in the box, including the components, hardware and tools
- Attractive accent for home and garden: Planters are versatile and ideal for growing your favorite plants; Use to conceal a planter and grow flowers, vegetables and other greenery; Perfect for adding a natural touch to a balcony, terrace and other outdoor areas
- Worry-free purchasing: Sunnydaze Decor backs its products with a 1-year manufacturer's warranty for worry-free purchasing
Boldly Growing Raised Planter Bench
- YEARS OF PROVEN RELIABILITY: This raised planter box kit is easy to assemble and built to last for many seasons
- NATURAL, UNFINISHED WOOD: Product looks great as-is, or finish planter box to your own liking
- STURDY SPLIT-LOG DESIGN: This beautiful elevated garden bench planter is the perfect addition to any space
- STRONG, ROT-RESISTANT WOOD: Easily supports the weight of soil, water, and plants without breaking! Makes an excellent herb planter
- PRODUCT DIMENSIONS: 58” (L) by 13.75” (W) x 19” (H) and holds 1.8 cubic feet of soil total
LAZZO Wood Planter Box Bench
- 【Durable & Stdury Construction】❥❥ Made of the pine wood to ensure the durability. It does not crack or warp easily, which is helpful for long-time use. The Raised Legs of planter box keep a certain distance from the ground to avoid direct touch with the ground, which greatly extend the planter box service life.
- 【Garden Bench with Planters】❥❥ Including removable 2-seater bench for sitting. The Two Side Planter boxes make a wonderful alternative to traditional flower pots, The bottom panel of the planter box has holes for easy drainage. The natural beauty of the wood complements the greenery in the planter boxes. Natural color blends easily with your outdoor furniture and decor.
- 【Ideal for Home and Garden】❥❥ Planters are versatile and ideal for growing your favorite plants; Convenient for user to grow flowers, vegetables and other greenery; Perfect for adding a natural touch to a balcony, terrace and other outdoor areas.
- 【Easy to assembly & Clean】❥❥Everything needed to put together the bench and two planter boxes is in the package, including the hardware and tools. Also easy to move and store. Simply by wiping clean with a cloth. Great for use in back yard, garden or patio.
- 【Fits in your space】❥❥ Our outdoor Bench with 2 Side Planter Boxes has a sturdy frame and is durable, easy to maintain and weather resistant. Offer a comfortable place to rest as well as display your beautiful plants & blooms.The two side planter boxes serve as great places to grow a variety of flowers or plants and will make a great addition to your garden, front yard, backyard and other places.
Comfortable Place to Have a Great Time
It doesn’t matter how beautiful your landscaping is, if there is no place to rest, it can be overlooked. A patio bench with firm seating makes a comfortable lounge area where possible to relax, enjoy a cup of coffee, read a book, take in the surroundings, or even chat with guests.
We can add beauty to our landscaping by providing a space for fresh greenery. Plants add color and life to dull spaces, creating depth and interest in gardens.
Convenient and Practical to Use
A boring garden bench can be a good place to sit, but it needs to be more interesting. A planter bench of solid wood harvested from the cypress tree family is a great alternative to buying extra fixtures and a planter box.
This wooden bench has a unique element: it comes with planter boxes. These allow you to display and grow trailing blooms. You can decorate the bench with fresh foliage without any additional effort.
Why Better to Choose a Wooden Bench With Planters?
Sometimes it can be difficult to see where certain pieces of landscaping end and begin. You can create definitions in the landscape by adding furniture to it.
The wooden planter bench looks great in any outdoor setting, whether it’s a private home or a commercial property.
Gives an Additional Workspace
Gardeners who spend a lot of time tending to their plants know how painful it can be on certain parts of their bodies. Many people complain of back, knee, and neck pain from all the digging and watering.
This planter bench offers you a great elevated area to do your gardening. You can sit next to your plants.
Can Be a Great House Gift
Finding new and creative ways to display your plants is part of the joy of growing them. Wooden planter bench is attractive because it can be used for relaxation as well as for growing many different types of plants.
This makes a great house gift for family members and friends who love gardening. This is a great gift to share with people celebrating an anniversary, wedding, or housewarming.
Woodworking Manual in Details About Planter Bench Designs
This detailed woodworking manual is about planter bench designs. If you enjoy spending time in the garden, but you feel that a basic outdoor bench is too standard for your tastes It is recommended to build an attractive wooden bench that has two planters positioned to both sides.
When you’ve decided on the ideal plans to meet your requirements You should purchase top-quality materials to build the bench including redwood, cedar, and pine slats. Be sure that the wood components are in good shape prior to beginning the project. The bench will improve the appearance of your patio, deck or lawn in the backyard.
How to Achieve the Best Results
To achieve the best results take note of a few aspects:
- align the components on both sides prior to inserting the screws made of wood;
- make pilot holes in the components to stop splitting the wood;
- do not forget to countersink the heads of the screws prior to inserting the screws made of wood;
- put wood glue on areas around the parts for a better bond the joint’s bond.
- A – 6 pieces of 2×4 lumber 17 1/2” long, 4 pieces of 2×4 lumber 20 1/2” long JOISTS
- B – 2 pieces of 3/4” plywood 20 1/2 x 20 1/2” FLOORING
- C – 16 pieces of 1×4 lumber 23 1/2” long TRIMS
- D – 32 pieces of 1×6 lumber 25” long SIDE SLATS
- E – 8 pieces of 2×4 lumber 27 1/2” long TOP TRIMS
- F – 2 pieces of 2×4 lumber 63” long, 2 pieces of 2×4 lumber 17 1/2” long BENCH FRAME
- G – 5 pieces of 1×2 lumber 17 1/2” long SUPPORTS
- H – 5 pieces of 1×4 lumber 60” long BENCH SLATS
Detailed Shopping List
- 9 pieces of 2×4 lumber – 8′
- 1 piece of 3/4″ plywood – 2’x4′
- 8 pieces of 1×4 lumber – 8′
- 11 pieces of 1×6 lumber – 8′
- 1 piece of 1×2 lumber – 8′
- 100 pieces of 1 1/4″ screws
- 100 pieces of 2 1/2″ screws
- glue, stain
Tools You Need
- Tape measure
- Framing square
- Miter saw
- Drill machinery
- Safety Gloves
- Safety Glasses
It will take you one day if you can devote as much time as possible this day. Or you can divide it into several days.
Useful Video: Wooden Garden Bench With Planters
In this video, you can see step-by-step instructions on how to make a wooden garden bench with planters.
Bench With Planters Plans
A bench for plants is an excellent addition to a small garden and decks, they can add style and character to the aesthetics of your backyard. There are numerous styles and shapes to pick from, starting with a basic bench next to a planter that is large or more intricate structures, such as the wooden bench that’s connected to two planters.
Top Tips: You must modify the size of your planter bench according to your specifications, and employ the same techniques for carpentry to finish the task. Make sure you are using good judgment to ensure all components are in alignment prior to installing the screws.
Step-By-Step Planter Bench Plan
Checkout below how to construct a planters bench.
Step 1. Construct the flooring of the two planters
Thus, join several 2×4 joists. Be careful to ensure all corners have a square shape, and the joists are aligned perfectly one with the other.
Make pilot holes in the rim joists prior to inserting 2 1/2 or 3″ screws. Connect the frame with 3/4″ plywood using 2″ nails. All edges must be level to the frame. Also, you should drill drainage holes of 5/8” through the plywood so that it doesn’t keep all the water.
Place some 1×4 pieces beneath your frame in order to make a gap between the frame and the ground. The gaps will shield the frame from water and increase the longevity of the work.
Step 2. Install the side slats on the planter using
Join the 1×6 tongue and the grooves slats (regular slats also work) onto the frame by using 1 1/4″ wood screws. Use a spirit level to ensure that the walls are level as otherwise, the planter won’t be homogeneous.
Top Tip: Connect the lower trims, and secure them in place using the nail-finishing nails. Use 1 1/4″ screws into the inside of the planter, in order to fix the top trims. Cut the ends of the trims 45o using a miter-saw.
As you will see in the illustration in the diagram, you must adjust the size of the slat to 4 inches, to ensure that the side panels measure 20 1/2″ in width. The easiest method of cutting the slat in length is to use the table saw. You can also make use of circular saws.
Step 3. Make the top trims
To complete the task, it is recommended that you must make the top trims, then put them in place using 2 1/2″ nail finishes.
In order to give a unique look to the bench for your planters, we recommend that you construct the trims out of 2×4 lumber.
Make use of a miter saw in order to trim both edges of your trims in 45 degrees.
Attach the trims using pocket screws before putting them over the planters. Then put two 1/2″ nail finish into the slats.
Assembling the Planter Bench – Manual
The next thing that needs to be done it’s put two planters together.
Set the two planters on a solid surface, leaving approximately 60″ between the two. Make sure that the larger planters are properly aligned prior to building the bench that is between them. Make use of 2×4 lumber to construct the frame for the bench using the instructions is shown in the drawings.
Top Tip: Strengthen the frame by fitting 1×2 supports. Drill pilot holes into the frame, and then drive 3″ screws to the support. Set the frame of the bench using a 3-inch hand level. Set the support for the seat 3/8″ below the upper edge of the frame.
Put 2×2 supports on your frame, in case need to increase the strength that the frame has. Make pilot holes, then insert 2 galvanized screws with a diameter of 2 1/2 carriage bolts.
Make use of a spirit level to align the supports prior to attaching them using screws on the planters, in the event that the seat isn’t fully horizontal.
Drill pilot holes through all sides as well as through the planter, and then insert two 1 1/2″ carriage bolts. To make the frame more sturdy with pilot hole drilling, and then inserting 2″ screws.
The 1×4 boards should be cut in the range of 60″ and place them in the appropriate position. Smooth the edges of the cut with the sander prior to fixing them in the position. Drill pilot holes through the slats. Countersink them before you put in the 2″ screws or drive the screws through the supports of the slats.
It is evident that you can build a bench for your garden in one weekend, provided you follow this step-by-step guide. The outdoor bench is solid and, if you decide to purchase weatherproof lumber like redwood or cedar it will be the focal point of your backyard for a long time in the row.
The trick to getting a clean result is to pick the slats that are perfectly straight and make precise measurements prior to cutting the slats. Additionally, you must ensure that the edges are flush prior to inserting nails and screws.
The last suggestion I provide is related to the use of planter boxes. There is no need to add huge containers onto the planters because there is a simpler way to fill them with vibrant flowers. It is possible to fit cleats 1×2 into the inside of the planters. You can create a false bottom two inches away above the surface. The height of it can be adjusted so that you put the cleats in order depending on your preferences.
Install the 1×4 slats onto the cleats as shown in the drawing. This way, you can set small pots filled with flowers, and then make them easily visible.
Not least, you must make sure you are taking care of the final details. Thus, put the screw’s head with high-quality wood putty and allow it to dry for a few hours. Sand the wood surface using 120-grit sandpaper, then remove the sand residues using the help of a vacuum.
Top Tips: Apply multiple coats of wood stain to shield the wood from decay and enhance the rustic look of the wood.
This woodworking task was focused on plans for a planter bench. If you’re looking for additional outdoor designs, look through the other step-by-step projects and follow the steps to achieve an impressive result. Perhaps you are also looking for information how to stack firewood then you should follow this link and you get an answer to your question.